In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: March 10th, 2014, 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Most of you that know me, Jr. (aka Larry Lowrey, Stubbs, Gator, Jack Hammer, etc.), I had a rough 2013.

I won't go hash through the details but after losing my daughter I have been down and almost out. I don't sleep well anymore, my energy has been zapped, I spend a lot of time at home away from friends and things that I like to do and the most terrible detail of all I am fat and out of shape. A change had to be made. I am tired of being down and almost out!

My daughter was trying to change herself before she passed and about a couple months ago my wife showed me some products she bought to lose weight with. They have been in our cabinets since she passed and in the back of my mind I knew that this was a little bit of a blessing. I started using the products and tried to change my diet. 315 lbs, I wasn't who I wanted to be and I knew it. It took a couple of months but I dropped 15 pounds. Cheating happened along the way and it wasn't a big deal.

Another reason I got excited about losing weight was my pal Terry Schmidt. He just got into Advocare and started their 24 day challenge. Before and after pics were shown and he was losing weight and feeling great. I was losing weight and still wasn't feeling all that great. Who could blame me? I could.

One week ago tonight, I met with my pal Terry at of all places Pizza Hut. We didn't eat he introduced me to Advocare. The products, how he was feeling and how it was an income opportunity. It was fun hearing about his experience and it wasn't like he was pushing anything on me, I was interested. I wasn't sold on it though. He is my friend and I thought I would hear him out, pat him on the back and say great job. Then I would go home and continue doing what I was doing with my little weight loss plan.

The Monday night I sat down with Terry I was 299 lbs exactly. He got me a 24 day challenge kit and told me to try it out. For 5 days I looked at it and never touched it. Kept doing my thing. It was semi-working. Then Friday night, something just said 'What do you have to lose by trying it?' I thought about all the people I see losing weight on TV, I thought about my wife and two girls and how they deserved a healthier dad that was more energetic and in great shape. Saturday morning I took the plunge by opening up a box of Spark and drinking it. I got on the scale and it was 297 lbs.

I followed the Advocare Book to the letter of the law. It wasn't that tough. My 6 year old daughter Kira and I decided to put some WD-40 on a ParaBody Gym that I bought in 2002 and we proceeded to use it for the 1st time. I did 25 situps and 25 pushups, much to the demise of my heavy stature. LOL. Sunday I did the same thing with the Advocare program. The only thing that changed Sunday was that my 16 year old daughter, Kendra, joined my team of two and went on a 3 mile walk! First time I have walked that far for no reason in a long time or was it?

Monday morning I woke up late for work but I wanted to see where I was at. Yes after 2 days I wanted to see where I was at. I got on the scale and was pleasantly surprised when I looked down it read 291! In my first 2 days of the 24 Day Challenge I knocked off 6 lbs. I have a plan and products and they are working. It may seem like I am over reacting but it's a huge lift to me personally. I am doing this for me and my daughter Kayla. I am going to make it happen come hell or high water. My goal is to knock off 100 lbs in a years time or sooner. At one time I would have laughed at myself for thinking this way, but I don't think it's funny it's important to me, my wife and my children. It's important for me to do it for Kayla.

The Advocare products are great. I am feeling more alert, I am eating 3 meals a day, snacks, working out and I am getting results. I know there is an income opportunity to this, but right now I am focused on making my dreams come true.

Thanks to Terry Schmidt for taking the time to visit with me and help me out. I am glad I opened that first box on Saturday morning, it's going to be a life changer.

Stop by my website for Advocare and you can see for yourself what it's about. Call me and I will tell you everything I am doing. When I get brave enough, I will put up my BEFORE pictures. Keep an eyes on Facebook and here and I will keep everyone updated on just how good I am doing. One last thing, if you do want to try some Advocare products I can help there too. https://www.advocare.com/140325370/

Just my little story of what's going on in my life. I figured it would be nice to share it with others, then they can also check to see if I am telling the truth or not.

Larry Lowrey...

PostPosted: March 11th, 2014, 9:23 pm 

God Bless you Jr.!!! Keep the faith and never look back. You have definitely earned this for you and your family.

I love the spark as well!!! ;)

Race on.

:D

PostPosted: March 14th, 2014, 10:27 am 

We are proud of you Jr.! You are a beacon of hope to all of us portly individuals!!! We will provide you moral support on your journey! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! There is nobody stronger, smarter or gifted as you are!

Reed Bros.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2014, 8:51 pm 

Good Job Man. Very inspiring set your goals and keep the faith.
Gary D. ;)