In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2015, 10:14 am 

The Fast Friday Series wrapped up last night with the "belting" of our champs. Congrats to Cody Brill, Brandon Crockett, Josh Munsen, Chris Dishong, Nicholas Carpenter, and James Lemke. Now it's time to look to next year. One of the things we are considering is Sanctioning a few classes. Imca is one of our possibilities. We would possibly sanction Modifieds, Sportmods, and Stockcars. Hobby and Emod would remain the same. Let the debate rage. What are your thoughts? As fans and racers that frequent ACR your voice is important so if you have an interest either way please opine!!!!!!!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 5:17 pm 

why not consider usra you have a track with in fifty miles of you maybe two. now if someone would alter running nights both tracks would help each other with driver points and car counts and the money the tracks would make.....

PostPosted: October 4th, 2015, 11:19 pm 

Usra is a consideration as well. We would have to move to Saturday nights as we are two close to Lakeside. Keep in mind what we are willing to consider does not mean that the sanctioning bodies are willing to sanction our track. Moving to Saturdays as a Usra track is a consideration.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2015, 7:35 pm 

Agreed upon but I think if usra would sanction Acr I feel there would be a good benefit to both tracks considering what classes Acr decides to run I heard good think about Acr the biggest thing I would see is changing gears for tracks but that should be a minor issue is believe

PostPosted: October 5th, 2015, 7:55 pm 

Why would you want to go usra and race Saturday nights? You have I-35 speedway, Grain Valley, and CMS all running USRA classes on Saturdays. They may not be as close as Lakeside but you will have to compete with them, as many cars/people have to travel 50+ miles to race anyways.
I think IMCA fridays is a great option. You only have one other imca track in the area - Thunderhill, and some guys might like having two opportunities to race each week to work towards national points.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2015, 8:21 pm 

Jmo but I think with having a Friday and Saturday night show with as close as those tracks are that there would be opportunity for a lot of the closer drivers to save some of that long haul money and drive another 30/45 min up the road instead of another hour or two down the road for the same reasoning of having somewhere else close to run.

However i do agree with you I believe whatever they decide to go with with have a good impact on Acr either way.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2015, 10:08 pm 

When we opened up this place we wanted to be a Friday track as there is plenty of Saturday night tracks around. However; being a little ways out of the way maybe Saturdays would get more of the general population in the stands as well as on the track. Sanction or no Sanction Saturday must remain a "consideration" for us. Great debate we love to see what is on everybody's minds!!!

PostPosted: October 5th, 2015, 10:21 pm 

I remember when Acr was laying ground work I came up to see it I was alittle skeptical because I was not seeing the full potential or the finished product. However Acr has made a good name for itself. Now let's say Acr goes with imca not only is there one other track but it may give other drivers in this area who believe imca is better than usra to make a switch or become a usra track run Saturday night make a I don't want to call it a partnership but maybe paint of interest like lakeside and i35 used to have a border war something similar where there's an incentive to run at these two incredibly different tracks. Like I said either way should be a win win

PostPosted: October 6th, 2015, 7:08 pm 

Thanks for the kind words. We hope we make the right decision and that would be one that benefits the majority of our local racing community. ;)

PostPosted: October 7th, 2015, 9:09 am 

I dont know the solution but switching to sat will insure you loose most all of the imca cars that make the journey unless your imca then your cutting your throat from the usra world to hard to take a usra car to imca overnight much easier to switch from imca to usra j.m.o.