In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: October 7th, 2015, 8:17 pm 

Thats a good point. I guess the Saturday thinking would be to "maybe" pick up some cars that want to run here but simply can't make it on Friday.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2015, 8:35 am 

Yea but as a promoter what's the risk of the financial hit on the pocket. To me that would be a gamble. Leaving Friday for imca to me would be more feasible. The feasibility of Saturday would be usra I would think even tho there are a lot of tracks running usra on Saturday. The only reason I think I would do well is that the Kansas City area has a lot of drivers in the area who may want to run on Saturday but can't afford the long haul to the out lying areas. And may persuade some drivers that do drive a distance to drive a shorter distance.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 9:26 pm 

IF you choose to go under the USRA sanction and IF you choose to switch to Saturdays, your going to get more stock cars. I for one would rather run ACR than I-35. I've ran there once and loved it. Other than I-35 all of the other USRA sanctioned tracks like CMS and Valley are only sanctioned in the modified classes, not stock cars. So you really would not be competing with those tracks for cars. Maybe you can do the opposite of all of those tracks and just sanction the Stock Cars. Your car counts would go up and have zero affect on the previously mentioned tracks. But I am a just a stock car guy.

PostPosted: October 17th, 2015, 10:18 pm 

Thanks for your input and I am glad you had a good time when you was here.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2015, 7:44 pm 

A meeting will occur this Saturday at 10am between IMCA and ACR. There has been no other interest from any other sanctioning body to consider ACR at this point. Keep in mind that this is just a meeting to discuss the possibilities and nothing will likely be set in stone on Saturday. :D

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 9:09 am 

Here is my ignorance showing, but could you sanction both as long as they are not the same class? i.e. Sanction usra modifieds and imca stockcars? I know this might make sense, but sanctioning bodies might be an all or nothing proposition. This mentality was fine when racing was more popular, but with the decline in car counts and tracks floundering, this might be a good measure to stem the bleeding a bit if the sanctioning bodies could see reason. Vague hope, but a hope none the less.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 7:55 pm 

Good question. I am not sure if either would allow that. I know in times past tracks don't sanction every class. However; I have never seen both sanctions at one track. Interesting thought. If it were possible pick your line up. I am interested to understand your thoughts.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 7:20 am 

I was going off what oldtimer said about usra stockcars increasing if moved to Saturday, then another poster said usra modifieds would rather stick to other tracks on Saturday nights, but IMCA track would be welcomed on a Saturday night. This lead me to think that if racing is down as much as folks been saying, then it might be a good idea to approach the sanctioning bodies about multiple sanctioning agencies at the same track. Increased flexibility while increasing membership. Just seems like the logical next step to me.

Update 10/23/2015 @9:30am Thinking on it some more, I really think this is a good solution to dwindling car count for the sanctioning bodies. Currently you have two tracks, A and B within 70 miles of each other.

A - USRA track (Friday Venue)
Hobby stock - Avg 17
Bmod/Sportmod - Avg 21
Stockcar - Avg 9
Modified - Avg 14

B - IMCA Track (Saturday Venue)
Hobby Stock - Avg 10
Bmod/Sportmod - Avg 18
Stockcar - Avg 14
Modified - Avg 16

Now this is supposition of course, but if track A and B could take advantage of the individual class sanctioning, the could increase car counts in the classes that are lacking. For example if Track A were to sanction Stockcars as IMCA, it is conceivable to count on getting at least 50 percent from Track B increasing their car count. Now on the other hand Track B has low count on hobby stocks and if they were able to individually sanction Hobby Stocks with USRA, then 50% from Track A hobbies would help their car count. This is a perfect scenario and maybe ACR can talk the sanctioning bodies into a trial between ACR/T-hill/Lakeside (?)/HPT? If the sanctioning bodies are that worried about losing certain classes, specify a class has to have a consistent car count below, say, 10 before being considered for individual sanctioning.

The above is a perfect scenario and it is scary for the sanctioning bodies, but dammit, there really is no alternative as something has to change. If it doesn't, then we will continue to see tracks close and racing suffer. Of course this is just my opinion and my opinion and $7.50 will get you a latte at Starbucks. :)

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 6:02 pm 

I would have to guess that this idea will no fly with either sanction.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 1:23 pm 

Today ACR met with Jim Stannard (Imca vice president of operations). The meeting went well. I learned a little but more than anything two guys that love racing set and talked about racing for 3 hrs. Imca got to know us and we got to know Imca a little more. Jim is a great Ambassador for the Imca brand. Our biggest decision ahead of us is getting comfortable with adding Modifieds to our weekly show. No matter what sanction we chose adding modifieds will be a big step for us. I will say if we ran "Imca" modifieds here Usra bmods could; with a set of wheels and tires set aside for ACR, run as an Imca Modified and be competitive. Of course they would be running for a higher purse than they do in the bmod class. It is an interesting thought to think we could be watching that weekly. I will also add that Usra has now contacted ACR. I will be looking over the details of Usra in the near future. I will give everybody a fair hearing before making a decision. If you would like to run in a Modified class here or would like to see a modified class here opine of your interest or tell every Modified driver to get on here and share their interest in doing so!!!!!!!! Let the debate rage!!!!!!