In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 19th, 2017, 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rules question....
PostPosted: May 9th, 2014, 11:25 pm 

If my car is USRA compliant am I legal to run there?? Getting my b-mod together and I'm running a brinn with 50lbs infront of the mid plate. Went through your rules and I'm not legal by what they say...

Post subject: Re: Rules question....
PostPosted: May 10th, 2014, 1:47 pm 

We don't at this point have a rule package to bring in those transmissions. Of course to the Bmod Explosion that rule package will be legal. I will have to look a little closer at it in the future with all the USRA rules. Would like to see some more Bmods here. There has been some great racing here in the Bmods this year. The results have bee a little lopsided winner wise but the racing has been good for sure. Thanks again for the interest. Jay Bailey is coming with a Bmod lets see how he can do in the cage.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2014, 10:50 pm 

I'd love to run there again man, talk to your regulars and see if they think it's ok or not... I promise you the weight of my car is way over 2500lbs it's just a tranny.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2014, 10:03 am 

It has been brought up before. I will look into it.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 4:32 pm 

This is how it always starts, please, this or that change for more cars...I say if they want to race there, abide by your rules like everbody else who races there ... already are. No disrespect meant to the guy asking. Congrats on the e mod class !! Great race track !!
I also wanted to say Congrats to Cody Brill on his win !!

913-306-1218

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 6:14 pm 

From the tracks point of view we could use a few more good teams. With the increase of Usra in the area I know there are a few teams that would like to run here but there rules package differs a little from ours. I do know that in all of our Amod races there were northern sportmods in contention even against Usra Amods. The Bull Ring kinda levels things out. I am interested to see who shows up to race for the July 6th race. I hope to see a wide range of cars. The money is on the table so hopefully there will be some good teams that show up to race for it. That would be a good test for the future of Bmods here at ACR. I know for sure I have way more interest in keeping the Emods grounded. Very nice job by Cody Brill. That is one of those races you could see it coming. As Asher got hung up in lap traffic all the while Brill and that Streetstock driver (lol) Gerald Wahwahsuck was coming and it all came to a head off the last corner. Awesome!!!!! This track and drivers produce the "BEST" racing I have ever witnessed.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 7:21 pm 

The racing last Friday was fantastic!!!!! I could have driven a few miles from Home to watch Races but I chose to drive to ACR. There is a reason for that. Great Racing, and that E-Mod Class just keeps getting better, like We knew it would. Yes, keep it in check, do not let that Class morf into what the B-mods have become. Know it or not, that E-Mod Class is Our Future at the Local Level right now. I understand the USRA B-Mods wanting to come and run and it would be great to see, but in all fairness to the Guys who have supported ACR they need to comply with the Rules. We plan to return for some more Great Racing and if Austin gets his way, we will eventually show up with a Car ;)

PostPosted: May 26th, 2014, 8:11 pm 

Thanks and I am glad you had a great time. I agree that anybody that comes to race at this point should be in compliance with our rules. However; in the future in order to make sure we have a reasonable amount of cars competing here we may have to expand the rules. There are times that we only have 7 bmods. The class cannot survive with only 7 cars. The numbers are better this year but anybody with a Bmod that wants to keep the bmods from expanding there rules should support the tracks that are trying to hold back the expansion of said rules. Usra has made a big increase in the area. I am neither for nor against any sanctioning body. To me it is a game of numbers and as of right now the numbers are in the favor of Usra. As a track trying to attract more cars it is only a matter of time before the expansion has to be made here. I am fine with the rules the way they are now and I would be fine to see them expand if necessary to see the car count where it should be for bmods. Time will tell.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2014, 11:31 am 

Only reason I like the brinn tranny over a power glide or 3 speed is that it was cheaper for me in the long run... By the time I bought my power glide last year and got it in the car I had over $1000 in it and I had to rebuild it 3 times in 20 races. 3 speeds brake the ears off and destroy everything if you don't catch it. I bought an older brinn that needed clutches and it's way more reliable. I have $750 in it.... So that's why I asked. It is cheaper for me to go with a Brinn.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 10:38 am 

I have heard of that argument before and it is a solid one for sure. I don't think the money is really different when you tally it all up. One of our cars broke the three speed and half and destroyed the driveshaft and the decking in the car. It all adds up. While we are on the subject Let me ask this of anybody interested. I have really never liked the name bmod. I like what Imca does in calling them Modified and sportmod. I think usra and outlaw tracks should call there classes Modifieds and the bmods should be called 360 modifieds. What is your thoughts??