In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Points fund at ACR
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 5:25 am 

I was just curious what kind of points fund / if any does this track offer ??

Post subject: Re: Points fund at ACR
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 8:20 am 

We make no guarantee on a points fund. Two years ago we paid a points fund when the track was not in a position to do so. Last year we did not. While we are on the subject do you know what Usra or Imca offers to the track champion? I can never find anything anywhere on what there points fund is.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 2:07 pm 

I found the points fund for usra. In the bmod and the stock car classes the champ gets $350 then 200, 175, 150, 125, 110, and 7 thru 10 is $100. In order to pay this points fund the track pays Usra a certain percentage of the nightly payout. At least that is how Imca does it. I am sure Usra does the same. Another way to create the funds for the payout is to charge racers up to $100 per license. On top of that you will still have to pay a registration fee of up to $50 to the track. So based upon my math you will have to finish top 7 in points to break even on your investment. You would also have to run 75% of the tracks events. Even the payout of $350 to the track champ is barely worth the risk of what you have to put up for the license fee. This is my opinion on points funds. As a track that is not sanctioned I am focusing on making sure that we become a finically stable track before we try and pay out what seems to me to be peanuts. A track that pays out a fund will have a burden of about 6 to 10 grand. The average recipient will receive $100. Seems like a small payout to individual drivers and a large burden to a track. Now if I was knocking down a hundred grand a year I would say that I would be amiss to not have a points fund. However; the track has not been able to make its mortgages consistently if at all nor has it paid its property taxes since its inception. Of course the mortgages are current as my construction company pays them. Sorry for such a long answer for your question. I just wanted to shed some light on points payouts. Thanks for your interest. Our schedule will be out this week. ;)

PostPosted: February 5th, 2015, 6:53 pm 

The Usra has been the best thing for racing in this area for my boys, it's like any thing you'll get out of it what you put into it . As for points funding the track champion in stock car received $600.00
Then on the national side champion $1,500.00 and a ton of contingency certificates . As for my boys Brett received $ 600.00 for his work at lakeside and $1,000.00 cash and around $1,300.00 in certificates , that all will be used on helping to get the new car together . I do not know what justin recieved for his 5th place at lakeside I think . and $200.00 for 10th in the national points and a certificate for some hero cards or shirts or etc, this is the best they have ever recieved for all there hard work to race in the top competition of stock cars

PostPosted: February 5th, 2015, 10:51 pm 

N2SPEED wrote:
The Usra has been the best thing for racing in this area for my boys, it's like any thing you'll get out of it what you put into it . As for points funding the track champion in stock car received $600.00
Then on the national side champion $1,500.00 and a ton of contingency certificates . As for my boys Brett received $ 600.00 for his work at lakeside and $1,000.00 cash and around $1,300.00 in certificates , that all will be used on helping to get the new car together . I do not know what justin recieved for his 5th place at lakeside I think . and $200.00 for 10th in the national points and a certificate for some hero cards or shirts or etc, this is the best they have ever recieved for all there hard work to race in the top competition of stock cars

That is awesome it is on a case by case basis. Good for your boys and I am sure you can find some that will say it is the worse thing for racing. Me???.... I am neutral. Don't care really one way or the other. I just found that payout right off of their website. Their numbers didn't reflect what you received. I obviously couldn't keep up with numbers out of a national sanction. Usra and Imca have the tracks that they want to work with and that is where we are. It would bankrupt me to try and keep up. When you can take money from perhaps thousands (License fee) that will not receive anything it is pretty easy to throw a few dollars around to the top dogs. When you can't take money from those thousands and can from only a few those numbers won't work. Again I don't have a care one way or the other I am just stating what I believe to be the truth. Congratulations by the way you guys are having a great run!!!!! Lots of fun when things are going well. ;)