In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: July 26th, 2015, 3:54 pm 

Before we get started let me say it is not "me" saying the Modified class is dead. I hear a lot saying that the class will be done soon. I am not saying that. I am just bringing something up that could be a solution if there is a problem in the modified world. Lets call it a discussion. A good mid-season debate. A while back a "more entry level class" was started called the Bmod or Sportmod if your persuasion is Imca. A lot of reductions were made from the existing modified class. The motor and the suspension were the key targets to make this class. I have a simple question…. what about a 360 Modified class?? You say we have it….it is called the bmod/sportmod class. That is not what I am talking about. Another question is what has pushed the Modified guys to race bmods or out of racing all together? Most say engine costs. Why not have a 360 modified class just like the sprint cars have 360 and 410? Go one step further how about Flat top 360 10.5 to 1 motors on the normal Modified suspension. Don't take away 4 link ect. 604 crates would be allowed as well. I hear a few saying that the 604 crates need a little help competing with the open motors. If the open motors were only 360 flat top 10.5 to 1 motors I think we could be on to something. How about the bmods? They too would be legal and be competitive. Would lots of Bmods jump back into this class? Could they run it just like they are? Yes they could…. everything on a bmod would be legal. They could also change from a 3 link to the links they choose. I know we will hear in this debate that there are already to many classes or that we don't have a class like this in the area. That is true but should there be???? The question is how many racers would be back in "Amods" if they were "360 Modifieds". Would love to have this discussion…... opine if you have an opinion!!!!

PostPosted: September 9th, 2015, 7:26 am 

People will spend whatever it takes to buy every horsepower they can put to the track. With limited spec motors those last few horsepower gains can be very expensive. I saw an article where they asked some top teams why they race 410's and 360's hadn't caught on in the area, their answer was because they can't afford winning 360's.
There are many companies who openly advertise their prices and what they specifically do to bring up the horsepower and reseal crate motors.
Want to know whats wrong with Mods? Walk through the pits and look at all the drapes over the suspension and tires.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2015, 8:34 pm 

Very good point.