In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 24th, 2017, 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: April 17th, 2014, 12:33 pm 

Personally, I love the idea and think it will make the heat races more competitive. The USMTS and other series have shown that it works well and I think it should have been implemented a long time ago. Kudos to Lakeside!!

PostPosted: April 19th, 2014, 11:09 am 
Site Admin

What was wrong with the old system?

PostPosted: April 19th, 2014, 12:18 pm 

I like it, more consistent with other tracks. Easy to understand.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2014, 7:42 am 

There wasn't anything "wrong" with the old system JR I just like the fact that every driver is basically starting over every week with a fresh slate and get's the chance with a pill draw to make up for a bad week the week before.

Example, with the old system, if one of the top drivers has a bad week and breaks or something and finishes outside the top 12 then that hurts them for the next week as well because most likely they will have to start outside of the top 10. So one bad week might turn into 2 whereas the pill draw and passing points system let's them forget about the one bad week and they could be starting on the pole the very next week.

Also, in the heat races, guys who finished in the top 12 the week before knew that all they had to do was finish in a transfer spot, normally top 5 in a heat so they wouldn't necessarily push things, just try to make the top 5. Now, what they did the week before has no bearing on the current race so they have to try to get to the front and earn there way to a good starting spot.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2014, 7:36 pm 

I hate passing points and pill draws. Whether it was the old Lakeside invert or the IMCA invert, they both do a good job of creating exciting racing for the fans. There is nothing worse than having the point champion start on the pole of his heat and then run off and hide from everyone. Then reward the point champion by putting him on the pole position of the main event and watch him go hide from everyone again. Also, I like the idea of rewarding the cars that regularly race at the track the benefit of the invert. Having a first time visitor line up on the pole of the heat race does not make any sense.

Finally, I like knowing where the transfer spot is at. I have been to passing point shows and a person who started on the pole and finished second has to run the B main, but the person who finished 3rd did not because they started at the back of the pack.

I hope Lakeside remembers that it is a front gate track. They need to do things that make the races good for the fans that come through the front gate.