In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 7:56 am 

I would like to thank the Factory Stocks that raced on Saturday night at the Outlaw show. You guys put on a great show. The main event was a great example of why there needs to be an invert in the mains. It was a great race seeing the 37 and 05 come from the back to the front. If they would have started on the front row that entire race would have been different.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2014, 11:46 am 

We did that between us driver's because there was so few of us. If it was a regular night I would of said no. The passing points is the way to go for a driver. We work hard on on cars all week, and its nice to race a heat race that you have to race instead of just riding around knowing that if you stay in the top 4 you will start up front with the invert. If you miss a race you know you can show up and still have a chance to start up front. No racer wants to start in the back. Thats my 2 cents.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 2:30 pm 

Thanks for the input from a driver's perspective "devildog", that's exactly what I've been trying to say since Lakeside went to the passing points system.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 4:25 pm 

RBART33 wrote:
Thanks for the input from a driver's perspective "devildog", that's exactly what I've been trying to say since Lakeside went to the passing points system.

Lakeside is still a front gate track. If you want to continue to keep Lakeside a front gate track, you need to make decisions that keep the fans happy. The race Saturday was a great race. If there was no invert, it was going to be a much different race and not nearly as good. If the races are not good, the fans quit showing up.

I know that I am living proof of this. A couple of years ago, Lakeside was must see racing. Now, I look at all of the racing in the area and make a decision of where to go, and Lakeside is not always my choice.

Thus, the draw may make the drivers happy now, but are they going to be happy when the purse is cut again? Are they going to be happy when another class is added to the program because the track has changed into a back gate track? I know of a track right up the road that regularly has 7 classes per night because it has changed into a back gate track.

PostPosted: June 20th, 2014, 12:12 pm 

jonr wrote:
RBART33 wrote:

Lakeside is still a front gate track. If you want to continue to keep Lakeside a front gate track, you need to make decisions that keep the fans happy. The race Saturday was a great race. If there was no invert, it was going to be a much different race and not nearly as good. If the races are not good, the fans quit showing up.

I know that I am living proof of this. A couple of years ago, Lakeside was must see racing. Now, I look at all of the racing in the area and make a decision of where to go, and Lakeside is not always my choice.

Thus, the draw may make the drivers happy now, but are they going to be happy when the purse is cut again? Are they going to be happy when another class is added to the program because the track has changed into a back gate track? I know of a track right up the road that regularly has 7 classes per night because it has changed into a back gate track.

What would be you're prediction for the future of Lakeside from this point, and the direction it may take.