In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 20th, 2017, 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Silver Lake, KS – It has been a public battle over the past 3 weeks between Lakeside Speedway current owners Don Marrs and Mike Johnson. Marrs claimed that Johnson had committed several infractions during the past and filed a lawsuit for fraud and embezzlement. If the rumors are true it looks like that will all be over with soon.

Sources have told In The Pits that an announcement will be made on Monday naming Don Marrs as the sole owner of Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas.

It seems that an agreement was made between Marrs and Johnson in the past few days. This agreement should lay to rest the rumors swirling around the racing community.

Lakeside Speedway will be up and running for the 2015 race season.

We will continue to work on this story as more information is gathered.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 3:02 pm 

I am glad that this issue has been settled. However, I was surprised with the result. IMO Lakeside has lost a lot of excitement and buzz since Olson sold it. But at least Johnson knew the racing business. I wonder how Mars will do running the track with no real experience. I hope he remembers that Lakeside is a front gate track and not a back gate track.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 3:14 pm 

Well since the grand national rules were part of his complaint I'm curious if he amends them now. im anxious to view the payouts when they are released.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 7:17 pm 

It was headed downhill before it was sold, it's more like he got out when the getting was good. From the crowds the last few times I went I would say it is becoming less of a front gate track.

Hopefully they get the track figured out before USAC shows up.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2015, 7:56 pm 

I've looked up from the pit area on beautiful Friday nights and seen empty seats as well. I wonder if it has more to do with people not wanting to spend the money because budgets are tight.

PostPosted: February 9th, 2015, 12:03 am 

Lakeside will do fine with the marrs as owners , there are a lot of great people out there ready to help in any way possible . It may take a little time but the marrs will get the right people doing the rite job , maybe we will be able to see Rodney get back in the both from time to time , they need for everyone to be patience and they will get it done the rite way ,

PostPosted: February 9th, 2015, 3:00 pm 

Marrs would be wise to contact Marc Olson and see if he can retain him as an adviser for a period of time.

PostPosted: February 16th, 2015, 10:12 pm 

KOP wrote:
Marrs would be wise to contact Marc Olson and see if he can retain him as an adviser for a period of time.

Marc is selling Real Estate, I doubt he would be interested,,,,, Give JD a chance as a role of a Mentor.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 8:17 am 

He will probly be at I-35 speedway along with Bobby.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 10:45 pm 

Glock40 wrote:
KOP wrote:

Marc is selling Real Estate, I doubt he would be interested,,,,, Give JD a chance as a role of a Mentor.

I am very aware that Marc is doing real estate but it would be wise of Marrs to inquire if Marc would be willing to be an adviser. Dont have to be at the track 40 hrs a week to do that. Marc has vast knowledge of the Kansas City market and where to best promote certain key areas along with networking the market area.