In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 18th, 2017, 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: June 21st, 2015, 12:28 am 

When I pick an individual or a father and son to be the subject of one of these specials I do it with anticipation that the video will show the dynamics of the relationship between the two people in a particular situation, in this case under the stress of a race night, because things can get out of hand real quick in these conditions.

With Norm Davis and Kerry Davis the evening was like a day in the park. This should not be a surprise because the father and son truly are the D & D Racing team with all parts going like clock work. Car is good going in but not coming off the corner in the middle of the turn into the straightaway, change the stagger and space out a wheel, done ready to go, then win.

This did not happen over night, 28 years got them to this point where things just sort of click, or happen like a knee jerk, hit this nerve and the leg will jump.

On a night when the camera is watching they made the right choices at the right time and Kerry did his job right behind the wheel and great things happen. It does not always work that way. They won the race, the night was theirs.

I must say thank you to Norm and Kerry for treating me just great, from the desert his mom made on the first night to Norm thanking me for bring them good luck on race night as he came to victory lane. This is a racing family all the way, and a class act for others to model their race team, family relations, and life in general after. Thanks To you all. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4naD4WMFV00