In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Low Car Count
PostPosted: August 18th, 2015, 8:42 am 

I was at Lakeside for the first time this season on August 7th. The turnout in the crowd seemed to be okay and the track seemed like it was in good condition but the car count was very, very low. Does anyone know why? These guys are no doubt going somewhere...

Post subject: Re: Low Car Count
PostPosted: August 18th, 2015, 6:03 pm 

A-mods are being affected by the economy. B-mods are thriving. Stock car counts seem low everywhere but a couple of tracks. Grand nationals are in limbo. Nobody with a brain would spend money on building one to put on the track in 2015 when they might not be around in 2016. Lakeside has pissed alot of people off as well. The tech is a joke. One night the tech dude said it was too hot to tech. Lol. Its not the premier track it was before. And for the love of god they have no clue how to prep a track.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 8:37 am 

The problem with Lakeside's show is the procedure that they use to line up the features. The cars should be lined up by their point average with the faster cars 5 to 6 rows deep. The racing now looks like napcar. Not that their current winners are not deserving, I would just like to see them have to work a little harder. That's what puts butts in the seats and cars in the pits.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2015, 11:05 am 

I would agree, the feature starting procedure is not very good for the spectators (unless your guy starts on the front row). They only invert a max of 6 cars with the highest point average from the heat race then the starting position of those 6 cars is determined by the roll of dice.

And correct, a lot of cars missing because of track conditions earlier in the year. Tough to get cars back once they have left.

The last 3 weeks the A-Mods feature winner has came off the front row with no yellow flags. Not a spectator friendly race.

It will be a much better spectator race Friday with USMTS, just can't figure out why USMTS is running on a Friday weekly race night.

I'm not sayin I'm old, but when I won I got to kiss the Trophy Queen, an I kissed lots of em
Well I tried to...

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 7:17 am 

Bring back JD Green,,, he will be the knight in shinning armor to save the track :lol: