In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: New Class for 2016
PostPosted: October 11th, 2015, 7:11 pm 

I echo the comments about why we would want to add another class. Four classes is enough. I do not see a reason to add a fifth class. One of the great things of Lakeside in the past was a fast efficient show. We do not need to add another class to slow the program down.

There are people that have to get up early or people with children that appreciate an efficient program. Having the races end after 11:00pm is only go to drive these people away.

Finally, why would we want to add a Pure stock type class to Lakeside. Lakeside is a speed factory track. No one is going to be interested in watching a bunch of under power, under tired cars on the track. Do we really think that this is going to bring people in through the front gate? If we were going to add a ULMA type late model or even a sprint car class, these would bring people to the track. No one is going to be excited about another entry level class. Seems to be a bad move for lakeside all the way around, and if anyone says anything about an E-Mod, I will start crying.

PostPosted: October 12th, 2015, 7:07 pm 

I think the pure stocks would be a good entry level division at lakeside
Racing cost are extremely high..I bet there are a lot of these cars
Still laying around.. imca has a pure stock division..and usra has a pure stock division.
I'm not a fan of 4 cyclinder divisions..but in the end..it's all about butts in the seats..grandstands and racecars.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 12:39 pm 

Here's the problem with ulma or a sprint class you have to be able to fund a class of this type and lakeside doesn't have the funds to pay a class like this on a weekly basis. They would need better or bigger sponor help and definetly more fans in the stands. However I heard the ulma were scheduled for six events next year. Now if anything was going to change its obvious the grand nationals are dying cause it's cheaper to run and build a b mod now with that being said why don't you move this class to a limited late model. What r we talking 4 barrel carb 10 inch wheels and tires and a quick change rear end.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 5:28 pm 

Simple they need to get rid of the grand nationals add a hobby class 5 cars on the track in a feature is boring but it is a good intermission class

PostPosted: October 14th, 2015, 5:42 pm 

I think the grand nationals will have a decent car count next year ( decent meaning 12 or a few more) if it doesn't I expect the class to go away in 2017.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 11:47 am 

I was there for points night and that was the most I had seen since I started caroming back to the track. I think minimum needs to be 15 cars. Also need to find a way to get the drivers that left to return.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 3:06 pm 

I did some math a few weeks ago and they averaged 7 grand nationals per night on the season. Just 14 checked in total for the year. Really bad. I really think there are few racers who are sitting on their grand national will attempt to run next year. Basically every feature win for that class was nothing but a heat race win. Except the payout was great for those "heat race feature wins"