In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 24th, 2017, 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2015 Season:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2015, 11:48 am 

Hummm,... I am beginning to believe that my favorite track will not get any racing in this 2015 season. I got to check out the ONLY play day and then the ONLY (and first) night of racing but I cannot stop these shakes and need my Thunderhill fix.

I was at the Heartland NHRA drags last Saturday and watched the first round of qual attempts for the day before it rained out. Took a gander at the dirt track and my heart sank. Grass and weeds growing on the front stretch, rain guttered out turns,... Too sad.

Best of luck to all who are trying to get back to racing at Thunderhill this year. The racing I did get to see was awesome and very impressive. Can't wait to see some more!

I bet the Conkwrights are having a cow. I feel for them! I can't remember if IMCA allows any make up dates to be run. Seems to me that is a no-go, but hope I am wrong on that. Missing a full month of racing will be tough for anyone running for the regional and or national points.

Race on.

:shock:

Post subject: Re: 2015 Season:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2015, 10:43 pm 

It was bad enough to start the season already shortened but then to lose a full month due to rain, we can only hope that they are made up at some point.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2015, 10:17 am 

It will be tough to get them made up because I believe IMCA cuts off points races a week or 2 after Boone. That would make for a few 2 race weekends.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2015, 1:01 am 

We can only hope Fuzz.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2015, 7:24 pm 

All I know is I will be there Saturday night rain or no. If I am all by myself, then I will still have a blast! Maybe I will wave at all the cars that drive by the track,...

Time to get racing.

Race on (?)

8-)