In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: b mod susp rule
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 12:36 am 

Stock passenger car spindles only; no fabricated spindles. Pinto spindles allowed.
just in case you cant find it... doesn't say any thing about . unaltered

Post subject: Re: b mod susp rule
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 1:17 am 

Doug: Im not going to go back and forth about this spindle rule. You are the one that quoted the rule. LOOK at what it said......
Stock passenger car spindles only; Now that to me means how it was produced from the manufacture. So if you change the degree of the Spindle from where it was when it was produced then its not stock any longer......The Stock degree on the Pinto Spindle is between 9 1/2 to 10 degrees Stock measurements......NOT 7 TO 8 DEGREES.

Thanks for your the conversation about this tonight at the track. You know I always enjoy it when you give ma a bad time,,,thats what makes it fun and makes me want to come back for more...See you next week...

Carl Flower..

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 1:21 am 

so what you are saying is if you ream the lower ball joint to fit a chry. it isn't legal.... because it has ben altered..
its no longer stock pass car

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 4:44 am 

I think what he is saying is if the spindle isn't 9.5-10 degrees its illegal.... He isn't saying anything about what ball joints we use.... Am I right Carl? You can't fit a stock chevell ball joint into a pinto spindle safely anyways but I understand completely and I have nothing to argue or say anything about because I know mine are legal.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 9:50 am 

all I am asking is . it doesn't say anything about degrees and reaming the ball joint .. it says .. pinto spindle... so where does it say you can ream it but not relocate it.. its still a pinto spindle... is it because I said so and I make up the rules as we go . because if you can do it I want to because it is a big advantage..

per quote.Stock passenger car spindles only; they didn't come reamed.. what I am trying to understand here is that I feel the 7 to 8 degree spindles should be legal.. because it doesn't say anything about being unaltered..so then does that make it right to ream it and not relocate it .. because why... that's all I am asking.. and if carl says . because I said so I will accept it..... but lets start checking... and not turn a blind eye to the problem. and carl you wanted to check us last week but we didn't make it to tech.... lot of people heard a conversation you had with someone. about spindles last week before the feature... this is what has me wondering....

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 10:10 am 

C4 you make a very good point. The rules state "stock",... we all get that. Some rules state "unaltered". HPT's do not have that verbiage. I understand what Carl has posted about spindles needing to remain "stock" and "unaltered". But I think just about everybody DOES ream their Pinto/Mustang II spindles to accept the bigger ball joints. But that makes them "altered" and therefore illegal since they are not "stock" anymore.

Sticky rule deal. Probably the best thing would be to clarify and edit the rule as it is now. Then everyone would be on the same page?

C4 - are you Curtis or Doug? I thought your first name was Curtis. If not, my bad for previous postings calling you by that name. :oops:

Good luck to all!

Race on.

8-)

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 2:03 pm 

the point I am trying to make is that the rule does not state unaltered....... just pinto spindles... so the 7 8 degree spindles should be legal.... if you ream them . they are altered.... so the other should be legal also.... that is all I am saying...

Doug Richards....

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 2:50 pm 

8-)[/quote]
racin78p wrote:
C4 you make a very good point. The rules state "stock",... we all get that. Some rules state "unaltered". HPT's do not have that verbiage. I understand what Carl has posted about spindles needing to remain "stock" and "unaltered". But I think just about everybody DOES ream their Pinto/Mustang II spindles to accept the bigger ball joints. But that makes them "altered" and therefore illegal since they are not "stock" anymore.

Sticky rule deal. Probably the best thing would be to clarify and edit the rule as it is now. Then everyone would be on the same page?

C4 - are you Curtis or Doug? I thought your first name was Curtis. If not, my bad for previous postings calling you by that name. :oops:

Good luck to all!

Race on.

8-)

I think you are thinking of Curtis Dreascher who runs the C4 bmod. Here on the forum boards we have Doug Richards who is the Father of Jake Richards who drives the 4J... it think??? bmod. That is why his name on this forum board is C- 4- win. He has also been quoted as saying the ACR is the best track in ks. :lol: How could I forget that. ;) Hope this helps.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2013, 8:11 pm 

Doug: I know just as everyone else does that you ream the "Stock Spindle" so you can put bigger ball joints in them. Now think about this, If the rule said "Stock Unaltered" then any one who would ream them for bigger ball joints would be introuble, because by reaming it you altered it. So really which is the right way to state the rule. I don't want a NASCAR OR NHRA Set of rules that are books. But thats what it will come to if we have to take every part of a car and talk about it in a set of rules. The only thing I can do is ask you to not look for the gray area all the time (I know thats your job) and just use common sence and ask questions.

Now....When you ream a spindle it can be reamed in a strait line so it matches the stock angle. If it is reamed and the angle is changed form the stock angle,,,,,then this has been done on purpose.

Doug: There are advantages to be gained by doing this, and this is something we have discovered thats being done and all we are trying to do is keep things in line and help keep more money from being spent on these cars,,,,,A-Mods and B-Mods. If you have any more questions give me a call. Im not upset with you in anyway, have known you to long for that.

Carl:

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2013, 4:38 pm 

I think you are thinking of Curtis Dreascher who runs the C4 bmod. Here on the forum boards we have Doug Richards who is the Father of Jake Richards who drives the 4J... it think??? bmod. That is why his name on this forum board is C- 4- win. He has also been quoted as saying the ACR is the best track in ks. :lol: How could I forget that. ;) Hope this helps.

Yeah, I sometimes amaze myself. Thanks Phil. And sorry DOUG for mixing you up with CURTIS. I have to hurry and post this as my kids are coming to take my computer away,... :?

Race on.

:idea: