In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 21st, 2017, 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 9:49 pm 

Super 8 at Forbes Landing Super Saturday Showdown

On April 5th, 2014 Heartland Park Topeka will be hosting Race 1 of 22 at the BriggsAuto.com Speedway. The Super 8 at Forbes Landing Super Saturday Showdown Series will feature four classes again this year with three classes being sanctioned by USRA, The USRA Modifieds, the USRA B Mods and the USRA Stock Car and Pure Stock division.

Evening activities will include the Kids Zone with games and the Bounce House.

Concessions will be open as well and is under new management and new menu pricing.

Opening night gate times will be 3:30 pm for our racers at Gate X, and spectator gates opening at 5:00 pm.

Spectator Gate prices for General Admission are $12 for adults, $6 for children 4 years old to 12 years old, 3 year old and under get in free.

Racer Pricing is:

USRA Modified Competitor License $120.00
USRA BMod Competitor License $90.00
USRA Stock Car Competitor License $100.00

2014 Heartland Park Registration Fee $30.00
Reserved Parking Stall Fee $60.00

Please print off USRA Competitor License Application and fill it out. (I will also have at the coke trailer.)
If you can come to the practice Saturday 3-29-14 and register it will make April 5th (1st Race) much smoother.

If not come early on April 5th and understand you will be filling out HPT Registration Form and USRA License Paperwork.
You will need your social security number if you are a driver and if payor is different you will need their social security number or federal tax id number.

If the driver is under 18 need to print off the USRA Minor Waiver form and have it notarized. I will have some at the coke trailer as well.

Need cash or check.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the races.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 9:55 pm 

Thank you Thank you Thank you for bringing back the KidsZone and bouncy house!!!! I know my kids are excited for that and have missed it!! It's a step in the right direction HPT!!

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 11:13 am 

so if i understand correctly we have to register with hpt plus have the usra license?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 11:27 am 

Yes in Modified, BMOD, and Stock Car you will need a USRA License and Heartland Park Registration.

If you already have your USRA license then you will need $30.00 for the Heartland Park Registration.

You can pay $10.00 for a temporary USRA license only valid for one night of racing.

Pure Stock needs $30.00 for Heartland Park Registration.

Questions let me know,
Elissa

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 1:15 pm 

How much are pit passes?

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 8:24 pm 

All pit passes are $30 with upgrade from spectator to pits at the crossover gate.

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 9:09 pm 

Will they be accepting credit/debit cards at the ticket booth?

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 7:16 am 

Elissa,

I have asked this multiple times over the course of the transition and from these conversations, I was told that if I did not plan on competing for national points or want to race at other facilities, I would only have to pay the HPT registration fee for my street stock. Has this changed?

scoregirl wrote:
Yes in Modified, BMOD, and Stock Car you will need a USRA License and Heartland Park Registration.

If you already have your USRA license then you will need $30.00 for the Heartland Park Registration.

You can pay $10.00 for a temporary USRA license only valid for one night of racing.

Pure Stock needs $30.00 for Heartland Park Registration.

Questions let me know,
Elissa

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 7:28 am 

Steve, not speaking for Heartland Park, but that's how the sanction works is based on car count. If they have X amount of cars they have to pay X amount to the sanction body. If they were to allow this, whats to stop the other 10-12 cars from doing the same thing leaving the one or two at the top of the points paying to run the sanction and everyone else opting for the exemption.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 8:01 am 

If you are a Modified, BMOD, or Stock Car and you do NOT purchase the USRA license you will pay $10.00 per night you race at any USRA track.

If you are a Stock Car and are going to race 10 times this year at a USRA track you may as well purchase the license.

Any questions let me know.