In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: April 24th, 2014, 12:10 pm 

HEARTLAND PARK TOPEKA’S DIRT TRACK IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT IT IS TEAMING UP WITH HUMBOLDT SPEEDWAY TO OFFER THE STOCK CAR DRIVERS A CHANCE TO TRAVEL AND SUPPORT BOTH TRACKS AND EARN NATIONAL POINTS AND BETTER THERE CHANCES IN PLACING IN THE TOP TEN IN THE NATION.

Effective immediately: Any driver that races in the Stock Car Class on Friday night at Humboldt Speedway that chooses to race the following Saturday night at Heartland Park Topeka will receive one FREE Driver . Any Driver that races in the Stock Car Class at Heartland Park Topeka on Saturday night that chooses to race at Humboldt Speedway the following Friday night will be admitted in for Free. You will only pay for a pit pass at your home track.
This will break down if you race both tracks each week the savings will be $30.00 each weekend or $120.00 per month. This would help offset the cost of fuel to travel and hopefully help bring car counts up and support for this class. We hope that you can take advantage of this and better your chances of reaching the top spots in USRA National Points.
We know this is not a lot but hope it will help. We at Heartland Park Topeka and Humboldt Speedway would like to THANK each and every one of you that have chosen to race in the Stock Car Class and not let it die. This class has produced some of the best races that have been seen at both tracks and will repeat the great races again this year.
Thank You again for your support of the Stock Car class, we hope to see new faces and teams at both tracks. Let’s show the fans and racers the real reason they want to attend the races on Friday and Saturday nights is because the some of the best racing is in the USRA Stock Car Class.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2014, 1:41 pm 

Last edited by Stockcar80 on January 14th, 2015, 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2014, 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Stockcar, give them credit they are trying something.

Thanks,
Jr

PostPosted: April 25th, 2014, 6:11 am 

Stockcar 80 wrote:
Quote:
...a class thats just gona die at hpt. whoever started the pure stocks is responsible...

Could it be "Karl Flounders"?

PostPosted: April 25th, 2014, 6:58 am 

Ill admit my self I am not a fan of the USRA Stock car deal down our way but even if this don't work at least they are going to try something to get cars at both tracks. However I do agree it will be tough since the tracks are so far apart in miles most guys more than likely wont do it or wont do it much at all. Would be a great deal if the tracks was a lot closer

PostPosted: April 25th, 2014, 12:58 pm 

Got 2 tracks within 20 miles of each other up here billyshadden6. But they don't like each other.

StockcarRigsby must not have broken ground yet on his race track. He to busy going to HPT and watching bmods banging into each other.
But that should change now because the "other" track is opening up this weekend with probably 200 cars or so since everyone left hpt and is going IMCA.

Pop68, I hope you keep sending in your video, oh wait, I mean features results with your little quips if someone you don't like wins. That is the only time the "other" tracks forum gets used. Does IMCA allow video at this "other" track?
But feel free to bash hpt's tech on hpts site, classy.

Enjoy the races !!! :lol:

PostPosted: April 25th, 2014, 2:27 pm 

That's a bad deal that 2 tracks that close together cant work a deal like this. Sucks Humboldt is so far away because of the facility they have and track has pretty much always been prepped and ran really good. I hope this deal works out in the end,the USRA deal and this deal to try and get cars to the other track but not to sound like Im slamming the idea so far it don't look good at either track. Still got a lot of summer left that could change. Good luck to all where ever you choose to run

PostPosted: April 25th, 2014, 5:01 pm 

:shock: Please see April 23rd thread on Heartland Park. Why try to get other cars when you keep running them off. I know rules are rules but come on Kerry Davis just wanted another hot lap. There were only 3 cars left.....Oh well I do wish luck to the drivers that do try and run both tracks, would make a much better show. I also think if you have 9 stock cars show up that they run 4 and 5 per heat instead of 9. That did not make any since, come on Terry W. get your stuff straight. You say you have done this a long time----SHOW US :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: April 26th, 2014, 12:03 am 

Everyone knows when the checkard flag is thrown its time to get off the track... Get off the track when told! As far as the team up between heartland and humboldt and heartland... I think it's a good I think it's a good idea! I've only been to one race this year so far but it was the best racing I've seen in a long time! All top 3 cars you could throw a blanket over! The factory stocks are a great bunch of racers with a great bunch of cars! Say something on the positive side of dirt track racing for once! It's a dieing sport! Bring it back people!