In The Pits Forum Board

This is a forum board constructed for race fans to chat about racing in the area.
It is currently November 23rd, 2017, 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Quik Results 8-1-15
PostPosted: August 1st, 2015, 10:33 pm 

Hobbys
1.88j Jacob Olmstead
Factory
1.m80 M. Stallbaumer
Northern Sport-mod
1.55 Frye :o
a-mod
1.321 Josh Everhart :D

Post subject: Re: Quik Results 8-1-15
PostPosted: August 1st, 2015, 11:25 pm 

Hell of a race tonite.....BUT who's the idiot that gave the black flag to Matt Haig??? What a BS call, has to be the biggest BS call I've ever seen. The kid had NOWHERE to go when the #37 car came down on him..............NO reason for that Black Flag. The #37 came down to the bottom and flat hit Haig..

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 11:11 am 

DCdriver wrote:
Hell of a race tonite.....BUT who's the idiot that gave the black flag to Matt Haig??? What a BS call, has to be the biggest BS call I've ever seen. The kid had NOWHERE to go when the #37 car came down on him..............NO reason for that Black Flag. The #37 came down to the bottom and flat hit Haig..

Also couldnt believe it,Matt had at least a fender on him,thus the damage to his right front fender,also Tubbs had been running up high all night..........

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2015, 7:16 pm 

And then they sent the car that Matt got black flagged for rough driving against had to go to the back? The whole call was bs. I'm not against black flagging someone, who deserves it,but that call was bs from start to finish. They have had some rough driving in the past on the track. Speaking of that where has Brian stitch been?

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 3:40 pm 

Hard to say about that black flag and why it was called,... I was looking forward to Matt and Jeff running side by side for a few more laps as the two of them were battling pretty hard. Both of them were flying around the track! I have seen it before at the Hill, where someone gets into someone and spins them and they get blacked flag, and then the person who was spun goes to the back. At least I remember it that way. I would think that if you get turned around and someone gets the black flag, you should get your spot back. Probably the rule about if you bring out the yellow, you go to the rear (A or B mains only) no matter if it was your fault or not. I understand why that rule is in effect, but it does suck for someone who gets turned, on purpose or not.

I believe Brian is getting ready to announce his run for President here pretty soon, since a ton of other people have gotten into the race and his chances are at even odds. Nothing concrete here, just what I heard.

Justin Becker sure had a great night going on. Very nice finish, but I am sure he would rather have won it,... Duh. Looking sweet Justin!

Great racing again at Thunder Hill, only bad mark was a few too many yellows, but there are nights like that,...

Race on.

8-)

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 1:49 pm 

It was a bogus call, on the video you can clearly see the car on the outside come down. The front of Matt’s car dropping when he hit the brakes trying to avoid getting hit! I have not heard a single person yet say that it was a good call!
Plus when a car is taken out in wreck #1, wouldn’t you think he would be listed as finishing BEHIND another car that was taken out in wreck #2??? ;)
I wouldn’t want to be the one making any of the calls there, BUT whoever it is needs to be consistent, example….A-mods??? None of it really matters anyway cause ‘it is what it is’! jmo

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 1:54 pm 

sherm wrote:
It was a bogus call, on the video you can clearly see the car on the outside come down. The front of Matt’s car dropping when he hit the brakes trying to avoid getting hit! I have not heard a single person yet say that it was a good call!
Plus when a car is taken out in wreck #1, wouldn’t you think he would be listed as finishing BEHIND another car that was taken out in wreck #2??? ;)
I wouldn’t want to be the one making any of the calls there, BUT whoever it is needs to be consistent, example….A-mods??? None of it really matters anyway cause ‘it is what it is’! jmo

I agree 110% on that!!! Tough job for anyone.

Race on.

8-)

PostPosted: August 4th, 2015, 2:56 pm 

Another bs black flag was rigsby. He didn't deserve that at all ..He was in the center of a Camo samich. They didn't announce he was black flagged (that I heard). But he was...

PostPosted: August 6th, 2015, 9:12 pm 

Didn't know that one. Hummmm,... :?

Race on. (?)